Saturday, September 17, 2005

Jobs...

So yesterday was an exciting day. I got two job offers. One was for the environmental consulting firm. The pay and the benefits are amazing. However, I don't think I'm going to take the job. I didn't mention the fact I will probably be going back to school in a year during the interview because he made it clear that he was looking for someone in for the long haul. It doesn't appear that I'm going to be. Also, I didn't get the best feeling from the owner of the company. First off, he didn't know how to interview. I ended up asking all the questions and he just rambled on for an hour and a half. Yes, an hour and a half. He basically said they are primarily there to get land developed and while they never break the law, there are many interpretations to the law. Ya, he actually said that. He then asked me to sit down and write a few paragraphs because he wanted to make sure I knew how to write...come on. I left with a feeling that this job was really not what I wanted. I do however really like the money involved. But money isn't everything.

The other job interview went well. However, the pay absolutely sucks. It is nothing. But, I would get a lot of experience working in an optometry setting, even doing some of the pretests and stuff. So, I think I'm going to go with this job. They know I will be leaving in a year or so and are fine with that. I'm working three days next week to see if I like it. I think I will be happier there then the consulting firm, I just hate to pass up the money I could make at the other job...sighs.

I'm shadowing an optometrist on monday and I'm very excited. I've been in touch with the owner of the mid florida eye clinic in apopka and he is very interested in talking with me and giving me information about the profession as well. He works with 4 other optometrist and 5 ophthalmologist, so I can get a better idea of the interaction between both fields. It's funny how things happen all at once.

I think that is all for now and I hope I am picking the right job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home