Friday, January 21, 2005

A plant to call my own

First off, I would like to thank helen's dad, as well as helen, for the lovely new plant I have. Not only that, but this plant is a good fit for me because it really doesn't need to be watered a lot, something that seems to slip my mind a lot when caring for plants. Thus, I think me and Ziggy will get along quite well. I've decided to retire the Bob's....I think the name Bob jinxed my success with plants. At least that's what I like to tell myself.

Secondly, my senior presentation will be on Thursday, Feb. 17th at approximately 4 pm in 25L (The room under the library). Everyone is welcome to come...I'm extremely nervous so please take that into consideration.

I went out to Blue Spring thursday to start my independent study. It was a blast aside from the freezing cold temperatures outside. I got to swim with the manatees which was a lot of fun as well. I really do enjoy going out in the field and doing stuff.

I went down to Barnes & Nobles tonight to get out and do some stuff and I sat down and basically read this book about the healthcare system here in the US. I figured it would be good to get some info about my possible future career. I was appalled at how bad things have gotten and unfortunately reform is probably not going to happen because of all the money the politicians get from large insurance companies and such. If nothing else it made me just want to get into the healthcare industry so that I can reform it in some way. I think I may be a dreamer in that regard.

Went to the art exhibition tonight and was very impressed with most of the stuff there. I really liked Dan's pick-up sticks piece, or at least that's what it reminded me of. Good times!!








1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I'm incredible jealous of your manatee experience. I believe they have a manatee festival this weekend at the Spring. Your senior research presentation will be awesome!
P.S. I knew those plant pokers would come in handy.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home