Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sheikra

So this past friday Wendy and I went to busch gardens for their yearly howl-o-scream event. I had an amazing time. There were literally no lines and we got to do everything with time to spare. I have to say that the new coaster scared the hell out of me. The drop is almost 90 degrees straight down and right at the top of the drop they stopped the coaster and have you sit there for 10 seconds. Needless to say, my heart almost stopped, but it was lots of fun.

However, while we were there, we stumbled across a somewhat disheartening realization. We are getting old! Now, before I get the "you are only 22" thing, I need to put this statement in context. First off, we were one of the few people there who wasn't in high school and could actually drink. I think 95% of the people there were obnoxious high schoolers and all I could think was, boy, I hope I wasn't like that when I was in high school.

The other amusing thing is that some of the people there got confused as to what type of an event they were going to. So here we are at an amusement park which means there are rides and lots of walking involved. However, there were vast amounts of people wearing flip-flops which are easily lost on rollar coasters, as well as, bad shoes to be stepped on it especially considering the huge crowds at these places. Or how about the girls who want to look all cute and wear dressy shoes to walk around in. Ya, how are you feet feeling by the way? However, I think my favorite were the girls who missed the memo that this was not a club. They had these sparkly shirts that were held together with two strings. Again, at a theme park, but who cares if my shirt flies off. Hey, its a good way to get dates right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

We weren't that annoying in high school or that dumb (at least I like to think we weren't). Man, we are getting old. Pretty soon we're going to have to break out the walkers! : ) I guess I will see you tonight if Wilma doesn't wreck everything.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home