Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Here

As I was driving back from class today a scary thing happened. I was driving behind a car and in front of him was a truck hailing a trailer full of furniture. Unfortunately, as fate would have it, that furniture wasn't securely fastened to the trailer and a huge dresser came spiraling out into the traffic lanes. Thankfully, I was able to stop in enough time not to hit anyone and so was the car in front of me, but boy did it really freak me out. The funny thing was that approximately 45 seconds earlier I had thought about getting around the car in front of me and getting in the next lane. Had I done that I probably would have gotten hit by the falling dresser as it fell mainly in the right lane. This whole incident got me thinking....

I realized that no matter how small or insignificant a decision we make or a chance we take, it is ultimately for something bigger and grander than we can imagine. We go through continuous life cycles where things feel as though everything is falling apart, recovering from one of those, to a cycle of perpetual happiness with little hiccups in between. I'm uncertain about my future and what is in store but I have faith that like today I will somehow make it through.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to be able to learn something so profound from such a simple (albeit exciting) situation.

If it were me, I'd have ended up with a dresser inside my little Toyota Corolla (or Toyrolla, as I like to call it). You know how I drive ;D

Yikes!

- Patrick

3:14 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Glad you made it back and the trip went well! And I agree with Patrick, : ) very deep indeed. Unfortunately, I'm working Fri - Mon, the day shifts. Maybe we can go on an excursion next week.

<3 <3 <3

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home