Thursday, May 20, 2004

Nemo's friends

So I went out to Blue Springs today to get acquainted with my new friends and I had a blast. It was so much fun and I got this huge rush being out there catching fish and snorkeling. I'm a pretty good snorkeler if I do say so myself....he he. I learned all the fish,what they look like and what not, and got to catch them, and hold, and love them. Fish shall be my life for the next couple of months and I'm so excited. However, let me apologize to anyone who may come into contact with me in the coming months...fish tend to smell, well fishy. I will probably start to smell kind of fishy too. Small price to pay...I get to work with fish. They are actually really amusing to watch and are really fascinating to me. Actually, anything having to do with science is fascinating to me. I've become addicted to the science channel...they have a whole channel devoted entirely to science...I'm in heaven.

My current favorites are the cosmology shows and the new discoveries, but there are some other ones that I enjoy. The other day I was watching this one about lobsters and how they migrate using the earth's magnetic field. They did really cool experiments which illustrate it and it was highly entertaining. I was kind of thinking it might be nice to do some research into that, maybe using different species of fish or other animals to see if they use the same magnetic force to guide them. I doubt any of this would actually work but its interesting to think about.

It's quite difficult to find a five gallon fish tank. You really wouldn't think so, but boy it's difficult I tell yeah.

why is it that I have the hardest time typing in the dark even though I don't need to look at the keys. Its like my fingers only function in the light, and retire when the sun goes down.

Why is it that people with straight hair always want curly hair and vice versa?

I hate when you are so tired you can barely keep your eyes open but the minute you lay down you can't go to sleep. Are you just too tired to even sleep...boy, that sleep takes a few hours out of you.

I hate people who drive in their crappy ghetto cars and think that it is so cool to blast their radio so that your internal organs dance violently to the beat of the drum. Yep, you're a cool one right there...you'll be deaf when you're 40. What, you can't hear me...do you read lips?

You know what I've always kind of wanted to do, hang onto a twirling ceiling fan. You know you've seen people do it in the movies and I just wonder if you can actually do it. I suspect a little research project may be formulating.

Guess who's coming to orlando for a concert...Hoobastank. I'll be damned if I miss them another time.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could walk on ceilings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your having the Science Channel - not fair at all. Well, I could get "extended" cable - but I guess I'm just too lazy!

You should see this one car in Leesburg that pops up every once in a while - it's your stereotypical old Buick with some funky sparkly color changing primarily yellow paint job and the chrome rims on it are HUGE. I'm talking near-monster truck size, man. Oh, and the tint is dark as night and I could almost swear I saw smoke creeping thru the cracks in the windows ;) It's so funny.

- Patrick

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home