Sunday, April 04, 2004

Where Did My Hour Go?

Did anyone else wake up this morning and realize we lost an hour last night? I woke up this morning at 11 thinking I had the whole day to do stuff. So I get on my computer for the usual morning chat and realize that it is 12. Good grief…what happened to my hour? I soon realized that Daylight Savings time was upon us, thus, we lost an hour. It’s strange to think that we just skipped forward an hour, I mean one minute the hour is there and the next it’s gone. Poof, no more hour. Plus, I got so flustered that I lost that hour, I really could have used that extra hour. Hour starts to sound really funny when you say it 30 times in a row. Hour, Hour, Hour….he he.

I have this obsession with gum. I will chew on one piece of gum for hours at a time. I really mean hours. I’m not like some people who will chew a piece for thirty minutes and then get another. One piece of gum usually lasts half the day or longer depending. I forget I have it in my mouth, and yet when it’s not there I feel incomplete. It’s not so much that I sit there and chew on it continuously, it’s more that I sit there and mold it into great works of art. I like to try and make it really smooth, and then really lumpy. It’s really a bad habit though…I wish I could stop.

I love tile. I was just in the shower and I realized how much I enjoy tile. It’s so organized and neat. It’s shiny and has really cool grout between the tiles that is all evenly spaced. Plus, it’s really smooth when you touch it. I mean, what would we do without tile? It’s a critical ingredient in our everyday life.

Does anyone else go through these phases where you eat everything in sight and are still hungry? And yet at others times the last thing you want to do is eat and basically you force yourself to eat. I like the times when I’m eating everything in sight because my tummy feels very happy. However, this happiness is short lived because my tummy gets very unhappy when it has to be squeezed into my jeans. I can breathe, really I can.

I was supposed to have a review tonight for Organic Chemistry because we have a test tomorrow. So we all go to sage at 6, the designated time for our review. No Dr. Hauck. We think maybe he forgot about the time change, even though this is highly unlikely, so we vow to come back at 7. Again, no Dr. Hauck. This is what I don’t get. How is it that we students who have such busy lives can remember a review session, but our professor whose livelihood depends on living and breathing organic chemistry can not remember a review session? Before you think this is just a fluke he did this to us last semester as well. We still had the test the next day and I assume we will still have the test tomorrow

I have this problem with painting my toenails. First off, I hate feet so I usually don’t even want to look, let only touch, my feet. However, there are times when I actually have to show my feet, going to the beach, and thus feel that it is necessary to at least cover up as much of my feet as possible. This leads me to paint my toenails. Anyway, once my toenails are finally painted, they remain painted for months at times. I have this problem where I forget to take my toenail polish off and so it remains on for months until I finally have to show my feet again and realize I don’t like the polish that is already on. I’m going on a month right now. However, I think in the near future I will break down and remove the polish. I’m slowly working myself down.

I have a squishy brain. Seriously, I really do have a squishy brain. There are some days that I just sit here at my computer and randomly squish my squishy brain. I accidentally tore a hole in it the other day…Yikes!

Tiki Torch. How awesome is that. Whoever came up with the tiki torch deserves a Nobel Prize. Tiki Torch…say that 172 times and you will understand what I’m talking about.

Did you know that Victoria’s Secret makes laundry detergent? Well they do.

Wow, look at this lonely little period. Where did he go wrong? One minute he is completing a sentence and the next he is all alone. The sentence must have just disappeared, just like my hour this morning. Freak accidents going on all around.
.  This is the period I’m referring to.

Wow, I can put an arrow in this. How awesome is that!

You know what is great, when you are writing something and you realize you’ve forgotten how to spell a word. I mean the word “the” is really a tricky word. So you sit there aimlessly poking at letters and the little squiggly red line comes up saying you misspelled a word. So you click on it and thankfully it gives you options and you pick the right “the”. But then you sit there for the next five minutes thinking how strange the word “the” looks and that it can’t possibly be right. Alas, the word “the” comes back to you and everyone lives happily ever after. The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home