Thursday, February 26, 2004

6428 Pages of Nothingness…

Episode 54 of the Roommate Saga.
I walk into my room on Saturday to find an ungodly scene and smell. Seems as though my roommate is really “sick” and has thrown up all over her bed. Yes, let me repeat, she has thrown up all over her bed. Thus, the only place for her to lie down was in my bed. Let me just reemphasize the fact that she had just thrown up in her bed and was now lying in my bed. She also informed me that she had to drink all my water because once again, she was sooo “sick”. The room smelt horrible and looked absolutely disgusting. Helen later informed me that she had thrown up all morning and that apparently her and another girl, her sister was staying for the weekend, had taken a shower together…I don’t really care to know. But apparently her “sickness” was gone in 4.5 hours because she was roaring to go partying once again. I guess she had that 4.5 hour bug that seems to be going around.

Today I was working on writing a proposal for a grant. I finished it by the way. Anyway, I left to go to class and I left the paper open on my computer. I came back to find that my paper now had 6,428 pages…man, it was only suppose to be 1500 words. Guess I need to cut out those last 6,422 pages…

Our toilet is driving me absolutely mad. It keeps running, then shutting off for about 15 seconds, then running, then shutting off, and you get the picture. Its like being in a room where just a drop of water is leaking, drop, drop, drop, and eventually you ram your head against the wall because for some reason that makes the water cease to drop. Although, afterwards I wake up with a huge bruise on my head and little recollection of the past five hours…and the water, well it still continues to drop.

At work today the other guy who works there was asked to go pick something up at another office. However, the lady made the mistake of saying take your time. 15 minutes pass and we start to think a search party may be needed. 25 minutes later we are thinking he has been kidnapped. 30 minutes later we are thinking what the hell happened to this kid. I then remember the hissing squirrels and the flying ufo’s, and the fact that he was a guy…it all makes sense.

Why is it that I get sucked into the most mind-numbing games? The other day I came across this game called escape. The point of the game, don’t let your little box get hit by the other boxes. It actually requires a lot of skill to perfect this game…I’m up to 21.876 seconds or so. Then there is the helicopter game where you click your mouse to go up or down and avoid these green box things, boxes are very popular with me. I’ve gotten over 3,000 and that’s no easy feat mind you.

The other day I was walking to the commons and I saw the strangest thing. O, I just remembered I saw two strange things, but not on the same day or at the same time. Well of course it wasn’t at the same time, it wasn’t even on the same day…jeez. Anyway, the first amusing thing was a fork in a tree. I mean, how does a fork get in the tree. Next thing you know there will be a fork in the road…ha ha. On the other day was this guy, our age mind you, smoking a pipe. No not that kind of pipe, but one of the old-fashioned sorts of pipes your grandfather would have used. Is this a new fad or something?

Also, at work today I was given a plant. Yipppeee, I get to have a plant. I will love, and water it, and call it my little squishy. I will keep it happy and healthy and it will live forever. Hmm, now that I think of it, I think I left him at work…I’m going to make a great mom someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home