Friday, February 13, 2004

I am William Wallace…

I’ve finally realized that there is a war going on between me and the stairs. The first couple of battles went unnoticed by me because I was always able to defend myself to the point that there was no clear winner. This all change today.

It was a glorious morning. I had ventured to work as is my custom on Thursday mornings. My first assignment of the day was to trek to another part of campus to pick up some files, simple enough. I exit the building and proceed to go down the stairs in the typical one by one fashion. Unfortunately, the stairs did not like this technique and thought it would be best if they hastened my trip down the stairs. The result was me falling down a good 5 or 6 stairs, landing firmly on my butt. Not to mention that today, of all the days, I chose to wear a skirt. Now you all know that I very rarely wear skirts, unless its time for laundry. So the lack of clean clothes plus the glorious weather led me to actually wear a skirt, but true to my form the skirt was worn with tennis shoes. Anyway, I finally concluded that the war between Serena and the stairs had officially begun. The stairs may have claimed their first victory in the form a giant bruise on my ass, but I will come back fighting…Are you scared? Well you should be Mr. Stair. I’m coming for you!

I believe I may actually have figured out what I am going to do for my senior research topic. Yipppeeee!

During my religion class the other night a girl was trying to open the door to use the restroom, simple enough. However, the whole concept of opening the door was something she had not experienced before. She spent a good 2 minutes trying to actually get out of the classroom, repeatedly locking and unlocking the door until the whole class was focused solely on her. We offered our advice, push the door instead of pull, and much to her surprise the door opened. Five minutes later we hear a rumbling coming from the outside of the door. Apparently she has already forgotten her lesson on door opening, and again we are forced to tell her to push, not pull the door. I’m guessing door opening is not something that is regularly taught in some households, nor in schools. I suppose it is a hard concept to grasp at times, especially when we are use to automatic doors. Although, I find those troubling at times as well. I have a hard time negotiating those tricky doors, and as a result, I have had many unpleasant run-ins with the glass. Does the excuse it was so clean I couldn’t tell there was a door there work in that situation? I’m guessing not.

Why is it that my trash can is constantly full. I swear every time I dump it out it takes approximately 4.5 hours before it is filled to the top and must be emptied again. Does anyone else have this problem? I use to think it was because my trash can was so small, so I upgraded to a bigger and better one. However, the problem is still here. I’m guessing it is just a law of nature that no matter what size the trash can, it will constantly be filled before you ever have a chance to admire the sight of no trash. Before it was 2.5 hours, now I have lengthened the time frame to 4.5 hours. I’m thinking about stealing the trash can in the hall. I believe it will lengthen the time to about 15 hours.

Have you noticed how Vitamin C has become the cure for everything? Have a cold, take some Vitamin C. Want to avoid cancer; Vitamin C is your answer. Want to improve your vision so that automatic glass doors are easily visible, Vitamin C it is. Want to experience life as a citrus fruit…well, taking megadoses of Vitamin C is as close as you can get aside from turning orange and growing a peel.

"Boys are a lot different than girls." Wait, you mean there is a difference between girls and boys...how can this be. I always thought we were exactly the same. Now that i think of it, I always wondered why...nevermind. I learned this little tidbit of information at work today. The mysteries of the world will never cease to amaze me.

We are circling around a super massive black hole, that's some food for thought.

Rockabilly- Rock n’ Roll played by hillbillies.

Grrr...I have this thing under my favorites that makes me click 88 times before it goes away. It never fails that I hit this link at least once every two weeks or so because I can't quite remember what it is to. You would think hitting my mouse 88 times would make me remember something like that. I guess this and opening doors are at the top of the 25 hardest things to learn in life.

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home